Information We Receive
We collect the following types of information to ensure a personalized and enjoyable experience:
- Personal information. Your personal information will not be available to others. However, TasteSociety may use that information to communicate with you and send you any information about our services and/or the services of our partners which we deem may be of interest to you.
- Content. One of the primary reasons people use TasteSociety is to share content with others. Any content you post will be available to the public on TasteSociety.
- Friend Information. We offer tools to add friends and invite friends. We collect information about your connections with those friends.
- Feedback. We collect information about from feedbacks, complaints, or questions in which you contact us to ensure effective responses.
- Site Activity. We track actions you take on TasteSociety. Instances of providing information or content may also be considered actions.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access TasteSociety from any device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, IP address, and pages you visit.
- Information from other Websites. We may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us. We may ask partners for information on how users responded to them via TasteSociety.
Sharing Information on TasteSociety
This section explains how your privacy settings work (redirect to page with privacy settings instructions)
We may distribute your public content to third parties with your permission as specified in our Terms of Service. Those third parties may display or publish your content publicly in connection with their own websites and platforms.
We provide some of our services with service providers, partners, and other third parties. We, and our service partners, may use your personal information to operate our sites and deliver their services. We will encourage partners to adopt and post privacy policies, but use of the personal information by our service partners are governed by the policies of those service partners and are not subject to our control. We may also use the information in aggregate for the purposes of identifying behaviours and interests for third parties such as advertisers or content distributors.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- take action against illegal activities
- comply with legal processes, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order
- protect the rights, reputation, and property of our users, affiliates, or the public.
We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads to you on TasteSociety. These companies may use your public content and activity related to TasteSociety to provide advertisements and goods and services of interest to you.
How We Use Your Information
Here are some details on how we use the information we collect to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience:
- To manage the service. We collect information to provide our services and features to you, as well as measure and improve those services and features. It is also used to prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To contact you. We may contact you with service-related announcements.
- To serve relevant information and ads to you. We do not share your information with advertisers without your consent. We may allow them to choose characteristics and non-pesonally identifiable attributes we have collected to select appropriate information to you.
- To help your friends find you. We allow other users to use contact information they have about you, such as your email address, to find you, through contact importers and search.
How We Share Information
TasteSociety is about sharing information with others. We share your information with third parties when we believe it has been permitted by you, necessary to operate our service, or legally required to do so. This includes when you invite friends to join, give search engines access to publicly available information, providing you with services, sharing information with advertisings and our partners, and any offering of joint services with other companies.
In the event that ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so that the service can continue to operate.
How You Can Change or Remove Information
- Editing your profile. You may change your profile at any time by modifying your settings.
- Deactivating or deleting your account. If you want to stop using you account, you may deactivate or delete it. We save your information when you deactivate your account in case you decide to reactivate your account later. When you delete your account it is permanently deleted from TasteSociety.
- Limitations on removal. Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your information, they may retain your information to the extent permitted under their terms of service and privacy policies.
- Backup copies. Removed and deleted information may persist in backup for, but will not be available to others.
How We Protect Information
Steps we take to keep your information secure:
- Password protection. Your account is password protected and encrypted. It will never be visible to members of the TasteSociety team.
- Risks inherent in sharing information. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users whom you share information with, and we cannot guarantee that only authorized people will view your information.
- Report violations. You should report any security violations to us.
- Defined Terms. The terms "You" and "Your" refer to you as a user of any services provided by TasteSociety. The terms "Us", "We", "Our", refer to TasteSociety.
- Consent to Collection and Processing. By using TasteSociety you are consenting to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States and in Canada.